Why is that Messiah / Jesus / Yahushua tells us that His Yoke is easy, and His burden light when we feel weighed down and burdened all the time?
Matt 11:28-3028Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
We explore why there is this apparent contradiction that Messiah promises us a light burden but yet life does not always seem to align with that message.
- Who would have more to gain than anyone else by putting weighty and unnecessary burdens on us?
- What does the weight of something feel like if we try and do it out of our own strength?
- What happens when we pick up burdens we were never meant to pick up?
- What happens when we step into the yoke with Messiah and allow Him to walk with us under His yoke - what would that feel like?
- Matt 11:28-30 - My Yoke is Easy and My Burden Light
- Matt 23:4 - Pharisees placing man made burdens on people and Messiah rebuking them for doing so
- Psalms 2 - Burdens and cords
- Ez. 20:23-25 - Being given over to burdens/things not good
- Acts 15 - Removing unnecessary burdens
- Is 58:6 - "“Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen to loose the chains of injustice and untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free and break every yoke?"