Who are Never Settle?
Never Settle are an award-winning digital marketing agency that partners with brands to build a bigger storey through technology, marketing, design, development and digital marketing. Founded in Denver, Colorado and built across the globe, Never Settle work with companies of all sizes from start ups to established enterprises, providing the technology, design and strategy they need to succeed.
Our business is built on three pillars of services: Web, Marketing and Design. We offer everything a business needs to succeed online but only focus on providing the very best service in a few select areas. We have won numerous awards and been featured in many publications for our achievements.
While we are 100% remote, we have a close culture. Everyone knows everyone and we have numerous Slack channels for more than just projects. We meet regularly online and at least once a year in person.
But it's not all about business, our core values are exceptionally important to us. We value each and every member of the team as individuals and always ensure you have everything you need at all times. Management are available whenever you need and we understand you are more than just your work.
Never Settle is also dedicated to seeing human trafficking ending in our lifetime and so we dedicate a lot of time and resource to helping see this through.
What does the role involve?
This role is ideal for Full Stack Developers who like to get stuck in across a wide range of projects in a range of different languages. No two projects will be the same as you take on client requests from custom WordPress site functionality to brand new, bespoke web app products from scratch.
Working with the wider development team as well as our UI/UX Designers, you'll be taking the charge on turning our client's requests and our internal prototypes into a reality. At Never Settle, we work with a wide selection of clients from start ups to enterprizes across all sectors imaginable.
This is an extremely diverse role that allows you to be self-directed and work in a way that works for you, while being a part of a talented dev team.
As a people-first culture, our goal will be to systematically plan a long-term path for you to achieve your personal and career goals, people are everything and you’re no exception to us!
Who are you?
With a background full of proven experience, you are confident in finding the best solution not only from a development point of view, but from a user perspective as well. You are diverse in a range of coding language and methodology and can easily read between the lines to reverse engineer problems.
You could quickly review an API document and start building the integration, and understand intuitively all the implications of something – not just to add the functionality – but to preemptively code for scaling, robustness, user error prevention, intuitiveness, etc.
Ultimately, you are looking for a role that allows you to have independence in your day-today work while having the backup from an established and highly talented team. You see yourself as a natural manager, leader and are looking to jump right in at the deep end.
What's your experience?
- At least five years experience
- Ability to drive strategy and lead back-end technical vision for large projects
- Expert in PHP
- Advanced skills in HTML & CSS
- Experience with Sass/Less
- Advanced MySQL and data manipulation skills
- Experience with Git
- Comfortable with / easy adaptation to dev tools (composer, grunt, npm, etc.)
- Proficiency in verbal and written English
- Ability to communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
- Ability to provide visibility on schedules and deadlines and alert PM to potential deadline challenges so that we can be in communication with the client early and often
- BONUS Skill: React
- BONUS Skill: Laravel
- BONUS Skill: Deep WordPress and WooCommerce experience
What are the benefits?
- People First – we value you more than the work you do
- Competitive Compensation
- Fully Remote & Flexible Work Schedule
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 7 days paid company holidays
- 40 hours per week and no more
- A management team committed to your personal development
- Annual Overseas Trip
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Paid paternal leave