This premium WordPress Plugin takes the repetitive and time consuming task of setting up and configuring new sites and reduces it to a very simple operation that happens in a few seconds with a few clicks. Configure a template site (or sites) and clone them to new sites in seconds. All theme and plugin settings are preserved as well as existing users, upload files, and even content. Everything is preserved and intelligent replacements are made so that the new site settings reflect your choices for the name and title of the new site as well as other automated background housekeeping to make sure the new site works exactly the same way as if you had taken the time to set it all up manually. It is a substantial leap ahead in WordPress Multisite cloning technology.
There are options to control each component of the clone and even advanced features like smart search and replace to automatically update things in the new site. Make sure you click “Go back to Never Settle LLC” if you check out through PayPal to return and get your download link immediately. It will also be sent to you via email on your receipt.
What People Are Saying…
View All Articles About NS Cloner
What is the NS Cloner Plugin for WordPress?
- Copy entire sites in seconds
- Works in subdomain or subdirectory modes and auto-detects which is in use
- Copies ALL theme and plugin settings
- Copies ALL content including custom post types and taxonomies
- Copies ALL site settings and configurations
- Copies ALL media files uploaded to the original site
- Intelligently replaces subdomain and subdirectory names to ensure that everything works in the context of the new site
- New Cloning Modes (clone over existing & search/replace only)
- Global serialized-safe search and replace in ALL tables
- Option to preserve or ignore posts on Clone Over Existing Mode
- Option to copy all existing users to target site
- Option to copy all media files to target site or not
- Option to add Detailed debug info to logging
- Create / Add new admin to the target site at clone-time
We are also working on an enterprise level version called Elite that will bring even more incredible site copying functionality and flexibility to you fingertips while remaining super easy to learn and use.
Documentation is built into the NS Cloner. We tried to design it’s UI/UX to be simple and self-explanatory. The interface itself will walk you through how to use it. Remember, you must be a super admin logged into the Network Admin dashboard in order to find the NS Cloner Pro menu item under the Sites main menu. This will give you an idea of how the Cloner works:
Typical Workflow for using the NS Cloner:
- Set up 1 or more “template” sites exactly the way you want your clones to start out
- Go to your Network Dashboard > Sites > NS Cloner
- Select the “template” site you that want to clone, type the name of the new site, and put in it’s Title
- Clone Away!
- Yes, it really is that easy.
Primary Use Cases:
- Developers who host and manage multiple client sites in their own multisite environment – this will allow you to rapidly roll out new baseline sites with all your favorite standard plugins and configurations in place – no more tedious manual repetitive entry.
- Organizations which provide “member” sites and want to be able to reduce the site spin up time to almost nothing.
- Affiliates that host numerous sites through Multisite and are looking for a way to increase reach and decrease deployment times.
- Designers who want to be able to create several versions of sites to test and play with different theme designs in parallel without having to re-install all the same plugins and base themes over and over.
Can I clone the main site / root site (ID:1)?
YES – as of version 22.214.171.124 we have added this complex capability. The Multisite database structure does not lend itself to automating cloning on the main site. All subsites create new tables that are numbered with the site ID. However, the main site’s tables are not numbered and are mixed in with other global network tables. It gets even more complicated when other plugins install their own tables. There’s no simple way to know what tables in the database should be cloned or not for the main site whereas it is very straight forward for subsites because they are numbered with the site ID. However, we have implemented a way to do this.
Does the NS Cloner work on subdomain networks as well as subfolder networks?
Why do I get a white screen after cloning a site?
Usually this means that the clone operation did not complete successfully. The most common cause for this is a script timeout. By default, PHP script execution for a single script is set to 30 seconds. This might not be enough time for larger sites with numerous posts, pages, and users to complete cloning – especially since the Cloner runs advanced search and replace operations against every table cloned to the new site to make sure that it reflects the new site url and title throughout all its data. Try increasing the max_execution_time in php.ini or wherever your host supports updating PHP configuration settings.
Does the NS Cloner work in multi-db environments (multi-db is NOT the same as multisite – multi-db is a special plugin that spreads the WordPress installation across several databases rather than a single database)?
No – sorry, not at this time.
Does the NS Cloner work for cloning from one server to another?
This feature is also not currently available, but an addon for server-to-server cloning is on the roadmap for future release.
When I click the “Clone Away” submit button, the new site is created, but the response generates a 404 page not found?
Check with your host. They probably have an agressive mod_security configuration and might need to add or modify some rules for you. For example, rule 1234234 needs to be present which allows dots in querystring parameters.
Ask another question: