A Radical Journey
Our team is always looking for ways to push traditional boundaries, especially in areas where we have goals that seem abstract and audacious. We have a deep interest in becoming a stronger products-based company and exploring ways to make that happen. One weekend we came up with the crazy idea to launch a new product every single week for 12 weeks in order to learn by doing.
The lessons we learned are amazing. There is nothing comparable to wrestling with real-world challenges while trying to pull off an ambitious goal under tight deadlines. We made mistakes, but we also discovered some incredible insights. The journey was a success, and our 12th product was an eBook written in a week, which captured all the lessons from the grueling and rewarding 12 week process.
Secrets of Lean Product Development
Here are all the chapters in the book and the main principles of lean product development they cover. Each one talks about the product we released that week and what the process of creating and launching it taught us.
- WEEK ZERO – How it all Started
- WEEK ONE – Innovate Today while Planning for the Future
- WEEK TWO – Indispensable User Feedback
- WEEK THREE – The Value of Unrealistic Deadlines
- WEEK FOUR – Better Questions Produce Better Products
- WEEK FIVE – The Other Side of Product Development
- WEEK SIX – Pivots and Portfolio Diversity
- WEEK SEVEN – True MVPs
- WEEK EIGHT – Small Batches
- WEEK NINE – Fighting Scope Creep
- WEEK TEN – The Demand Intersection
- WEEK ELEVEN – The Power of Passion
- WEEK TWELVE – The Experience Multiplier
- NEXT STEPS – The Ongoing Journey
At a Glance
Here’s an overview of every page in the book to give you an idea of what it holds: