How to use NS Google Sheets Connector Documentation
- Install the Contact Form 7 plugin (if you haven’t already).
- Create the Contact Form 7 form that you want to use to capture data. You will need the ID and field names from the form.
- Log in to your Google Account and create a new Sheet and give it a simple name (we recommend staying away from special characters).
- Rename “Sheet 1” (The first tab of your new Google Sheet) a name of your choice (again, keep it simple).
- Add a column name in Row 1 and name it “date”. Then, add a new column for each field you will have in your form (the default Contact Form 7 form field names are “your-name”, “your-email”, “your-subject”, “your-message”).
- Install the NS Google Sheets Connector plugin (if you haven’t already).
- Under the WordPress Dashboard Settings, click on the NS Sheets Pro link to configure the plugin and click the “here” link to generate a Google Code to paste in the Google Access Code box.
- Copy / paste the name of your spreadsheet and worksheet into the Google Sheet Name setting.
- Add the spreadsheet tab name and ID of the form you want to use in the settings.
- Save your settings.
- Test your form submit and verify that the data shows up in your Google Sheet.
(Take a look at the screenshot below to see how it all ties together and what settings need to go where! Make sure that all the highlighted field text matches EXACTLY one-to-one, including case sensitivity.)
View the How To video below as well: